Saturday 14 January 2012

guess who's back?

So after taking some much-needed time out from the world of blog, I am officially b-a-c-k.

What's new? Fame? Fortune? An exceptionally delicious wanton male?

Or none of the above.

You decide.

I want to make this blog bigger and better than before so I'm going to break it down and share my (limited) wisdom on beauty, fashion, love and life and celebrity goss.  So let's start as we mean to go on...


Beauty...

The first thing I have to talk about is a subject very close to my heart...

Faking it.

Us falsettas have the girls of Essex to thank for a lot nowadays. After that awful fad of the magazines plastering their pages with dewy-faced rosy-cheeked 'natural looking' girls (who had clearly been airbrushed to within an inch of their lives) us normal ladies were left swapping our darkest kohl pencils with a brown one and swapping our full-coverage foundations with sheer powders *shudders*.

But two years ago, when Miss Childs graced our screens wearing enough Fake Bake to put a Tenerife to shame and lashes longer than spider's legs, we knew it was okay to bring our Studiofix back out of hibernation.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying that we should all cake ourselves in slap before leaving the house but what I am saying is that, it's okay not to feel guilty for wearing it! I had horrendous acne for years at school to the point that I didn't like going out incase people would comment on it and although the spots have gone now, I've been left with some scarring from them. I don't really mind because they look like freckles but it's nice to be able to get dressed up, crack on the foundation and forget.

I'm so jel of people who have got naturally beautiful skin and long eyelashes but for the rest of us, there's MAC. There's enough pressure on girls to be a certain size, a certain shape etc nowadays without being made to feel guilty for wearing a bit of slap.

Besides, I'd rather be fake on the outside than on the inside.

Fake products of the moment:

Benefit They're Real Mascara

Basically, just the mascara I've been looking for. I always wear fake eyelashes when I go out as my eyelashes are literally stumps and I am always looking for a mascara that actually does make a difference rather than just promising it on the bottle. For me, this is the one.

Retailing at £18, it's not cheap and they'll give you all the right speil on the Benefit counter about how it will change your life but respect where respect's due, it does what it says on the tin and there was definite improvement.

I think it's all in the brush, it's the good old broomb (brush/comb) but it genuinely seperates each of your lashes out and you can really feel it extending them out. There's few things I hate more than disgustingly clumpy lashes and you won't get them with this badboy. It lasts all day too!

Rating: 8/10
(I've searched high and low for 'someone like you', mascara. It's no fake eyelashes but it's the closest you're going to get!)

Morrocan Oil Treatment

So I'm pretty sure you've all sussed that I wasn't born with 20inches of chestnut red poker-straight hair. Like many girlies I spend a lot of money on my hair so therefore I want to look after it the best I can and the hair product I am swearing by at the moment is Morrocan Oil Treatments.

Firstly, for those of you thinking it's too expensive, you can pick up Morrocan Oil Treatments from your local hair shop/online for £7 for a big bottle or about £2 for a tiny tube. You can pick up pure Argan (Morrocan) oil for pittance online but I would reccommend unless you're blending it yourself, you stick to the Morrocan Oil Treatment. These are suppliments of the pure Argan oil already blended with Keratin etc and ready to go straight on your hair. Putting 100% pure oil on your hair will obviously make it greasy but the treatment will leave it manageable, beautifully shiny and the keratin will strengthen it over time. The beauty of it is that it's suitable for every hair type; great on coloured hair but also curly hair, fine hair and everything in between. Trust me on this one!

Rating 9/10
(Perfect all-rounder and it smells b-e-a-utiful too!)

Ironically, in the last position is one of my very favourite products. We've mentioned fake eyelashes and I have tried and tested just about every brand on the market but everytime it comes back to the lovely pink-rimmed packaging of Eylure. If you're going to take one thing from this girls, let it be that Eylure lashes are the best, second-to-none. If you stray, you will be disappointed. It has happened to me way too many times.

People ask what eyelashes I wear quite a lot. We've established that they're Eylure but the ones I swear-by are Eylure 140s. I love a graduated lash and they start short and are gorgeously long at the edges which widens your eyes. They are also nice and dense, thick and lovely and dark.

What I also love about Eylure lashes is that they stick on easily. People always get me to do their lashes and are surprised that I don't use tweezers but I've been doing it for so long now. I always say don't over-think it. Make sure you've got a nice thick line of glue covering the whole lash line. Make sure you're under good light and in a good mirror and line it up ready and gently press from edge to edge then hold for 30 seconds. Eylure glue is great but if you want something really strong try Duo Eyelash Adhesive which they sell on the MAC counter and online. Always take a cheeky tube in your going out back just in case. I am renowned for being found in the corner of the ladies' sticking on about 3 girls' lashes, haha.

One last thing, I've got big eyes but if you want something a similar shape but not quite so long, 107s are exactly what you're after. I always say to friends that they're the perfect 'starter' lashes if you don't wear them very often. Both retail at around £5 and can be reused.

Rating: 10/10.
(An absolute winner of a product, you won't regret it).

That's all for beauty, beauties. If there is anything that you would like me to review, please let me know. Tweet me @candiloveslove or comment on here. Thank you.

Mwah. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment