Saturday 14 January 2012

fashion.

Fusion Orion Cape...

So I bought this today and for anyone who knows me, you're probably thinking, really?! Because I hate white (and cream). I have no vendettas with the colours themselves but brown make-up, white clothes, clumsy girl equal badtimes.

What is even weirder is this from Monsoon. I was walking through to Accessorize and totes fell in love. We all know I'm a an absolute magpie but this picture does not do it justice. The shoulders are embellished with a beautiful embossed gold pattern and matching gold buttons. The colours together look gorgeous and at £36.00 down from £125.00, it would have been rude and offensive not to indulge.

Still unsure as to whether I love it but thinking it will be perfect for nights out as a subsitute for one of my fur coats. Will be a really good one to wear with jeans/jeggings/leggings and heels for those nights where you're going for drinks/dinner but not out out (we both know these nights normally end up out out). I think I'll wear it on Thursday night with black leggings/skinny jeans my black Topshop Andre wedge boots and a plain top. Will update with pictures.

Tip off...

Let's talk feet. Not literally but about those beautiful things that keep our feet warm. So last season, for our going out numbers we saw more glitter than a homemade children's Christmas card. Glittery heels and glittery shoe boots were abundent. I was one happy girl when I managed to pick up a stunning pair of black heels with rainbow glitter wedge for a tenner in the sale. Uh-mazing.


But the Christmas cheer is over, it looks like the glitter is dispersing too. However fear not because by the looks of things, this new shoes flocking into our favourite stores are any less beautiful. Suede is set to be big with strong signs of colour-blocking (black shoe, bright blue wedge for example), wedges themselves are still everywhere as are the VB super-heel (how does she do it?!)

But if you're looking for a good staple heel...every girl needs one! Then a good tip off is the wedge ankle strap. The likes of Rihanna and Gaga got us demanding the fiercer the better when it came to shoes last year but this season has got different ideas. Softer shapes and textures and all in all, a whole lot more girly. The ankle strap is already cropping up everywhere especially teamed with a wedge and my pick would be...


Office Wonderland Wedge

What's not to love? Toning down from the wintery rusts into a more versatile, softer colour. A beautiful hidden platform making them comfortable to wear, ankle-strap and a cute bow. They also come in red, blue and black and rest assured as soon as I've got my hands on these, you guys will be the first to seem the in action! £75 but practically an investment, right? Also check out Topshop Salute Wedges.

Night, mwah. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment