Monday 20 February 2012

this week I'm totes loving...

Pastel skinnies.

So we all know pastels are a damn hot tip this season (if you didn't, now you do!) and coloured jeans have been big all winter. So do you want the good news or the bad news first? Good is that coloured skinnies are going nowhere but the bad is that your rusts, camels and aubergine ones may have to gather dust for a few months because this season is all about get your legs pastelled up to the max. We're talking coral, we're talking lilac, we're talking mint!

Just a little in love with these beauts.
Best part is that they're called Sorbet.
Topshop, of course. As with most Toppers jeans, they'll set you back 40 quids but they're cut gorgeously and slightly high-waisted for you to tuck in with a cute top and a pleated belt to finish.
Good enough to eat.
Purple (Purple) 32in Neon Skinny Jeans | 241388150 | New Look
This teensy picture doesn't do these justice so go see for yourself!
Okay so they're a big brighter than your typical pastel but I have fallen head over heels.
And at under £25, you can't go wrong, right?!
I'm seeing these dressed up with heels and a skinny fit blazer for the night-time or a loose band tee for the day.
My faves.

Lancome's new Foundation

Now I've always said it'd take nothing short of a miracle make me stray from my MAC StudioFix and here it is ladies...


There is pretty much nothing I can say to explain why you need this in your lives apart from get yourself to your nearest Lancome counter, try it and you will bloody well thank me.

I'd heard all the hype and brushed it off for a while with my typical 'won't compare to MAC' attitude then the other day I was passing and decided to get myself colour-matched. I sat down  while she tried a couple of shades on me. Part of the beauty is that like MAC, they've got a wicked colour range so it looks so natural on.

Anyway, I sat there as she sold me all the BS about polymers etc and I nodded along, not buying. It was only when I caught a glimpse of my skin in the mirror compared to the other side with my StudioFix that I started to get excited. I'd thought the colour she had put on was too light (a frequent problem) but it had blended to my skin perfectly and covered up all (of my many) dark spots and blemishes. I couldn't believe it!

So from researching it further, the beauty of it is that instead of relying heavily on opaquity like most other foundations that go on heavy to give you full coverage, it absorbs the light and the polymers move with your skin allowing it to breath rather than coating it. Although I know nothing about polymers, I can vouch for the fact that it feels like you're wearing no make-up at all. After years of heavy foundations, it was a godsend and I couldn't believe the fullness of the coverage for how light it felt.

It also reflects like the light beautifully. I felt like I'd used MAC Strobe Cream on my highlighted points as it has this gorgeous reflectiveness about it which makes which gives you a beautiful subtle shimmer as the light falls in the right places.

As if it couldn't get any better...it stays on for ages and I mean ages! Put a good primer underneath - I use MAC Skin Repair Zone which is the absolute one for oily skin and then I dust either MAC Mineralize or MAC Translucent Finishing Powder over the top just to set.

At £27, it's a payday or wait until 10% beauty events splurge but you get a huge bottle and trust me belles, you will not be disappointed!

Nice boys.

After spending what seems like forever wasting time on wastemen, I think I've finally had an epiphany and thought 'what the fuck am I doing?!' So it's goodbye laddy wankers and hello nice normal boys who don't think they're the God's best gift to the female sex since the invention of the Rampant Rabbit.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Ed's new vid.

Talking of nice boys, our Ed is back with a banging new tune and another cracking vid.
Upsetting lack of my Ron this time but we get to oogle my other favourite ginger so all is well.
Check it out, it's definitely one to wack on after work on Friday night while you're getting ready!


What are you belles loving this week?
Anything you'd like me to review?
Holla at your girl...

@candiloveslove #blog

mwah. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment